How to deal with bedbugs in your Home
Bed bugs are tiny nocturnal insects that are rapidly multiplying if not quickly eradicated. These nasty bugs can infest every part of your house. They belong to the family of Cimicidae that feed on blood. Also, They frequently discovered in locations of hot weather. According to research, bed bugs are only present during the night hours as they are very hesitant.
They use desks, drapery, linens, headboards, nightstands, mattresses, and clothing to hide in the daytime. A bed bug penetrates the skin of individuals, draws blood for five minutes using its two hollow pipes, and feeds on a host’s body. It is not easy to get rid of the bugs. Though several dangerous chemicals can be used are quite costly, they could only cause harm to you and your pets. It is advisable to get bedbug treatments in High Point NC or from any other pest control company near you. Getting rid of bedbugs yourself using chemicals is dangerous to your health and your loved ones. However, here is an all-natural chemical-free technique, it is possible to get rid of these bugs.
Waye to Keep Safe Yourself From Bedbugs
- Improve your cleaning habit: maintaining a periodic cleaning routine is the very first move to get rid of insects in your house. Bed bugs enjoy cool temperatures and locations that are untidy. Get dispose of stuff that you no longer use in and around your home. Throw them away, or you can store them inside a container. In addition, wash your bedding and clothing at higher temperatures, particularly those that went into contact with the infested region; this will keep the bugs away. Inspect every single corner of your mattress for possible signs of bed bugs regularly. Avoid buying second-hand furniture and mattresses because they are more likely to be infested. Also, avoid using pesticides and insecticides on children’s toys or babies’ cribs.
- Use a protective cover on your mattress: On your mattresses and box springs, try to use protective covers. By enclosing your mattress and box springs in a plastic protective cover, you are preventing bed insects from infecting your bed and home. There are specially made plastic covers for this purpose. They will be more effective than standard sheets or mattress covers. Although you may already have a protective covering on your mattress, it will eliminate hiding areas by placing one on your box springs. Your protective cover will make it easy for you to see the bed bugs easily if you bring the bed bugs home. First, wash all the clothes and other fabric you have been travelling with, and then inspect the cover so you can recognize and solve the issue instantly. If you already have the insects’ problems on your box spring and mattress, it is advisable to get rid of them.
- Turmeric method: This tip is one of the best ways to eliminate bedbugs on your property. Turmeric is a powerful antimicrobial substance that creates circumstances that are not conducive to a bed bug. The bug will die after a few minutes in these conditions. Curcumin depletes the amount of oxygen inside the mattresses, resulting in the death of the insects. To get rid of these bugs, all you need is a bowl of turmeric powder.
- Get a door jam or sweeps: If you live in an apartment building, townhouse row, lock off your apartment by preventing the space beneath your door. Try to install a sweeping door or buy a door jam that covers the open room entirely. This method will make it harder for the bugs to enter your house. If there are cracks or other damage to the walls or ceiling in your home, get them repaired so the bugs cannot get in that place.
- Mint leaves method: Mint leaves are commonly known to be insect repellents, and most insects and also bedbugs hate this plant’s odour and so it’s bed bugs. To avoid bed bugs from entering your properties, you can use mint leaves. What you need to do is squeeze some mint leaves into smaller bits and sprinkle them in children’s cradleboards and around the sleeping area. You can also place the packet of dried mint leaves between your wardrobes and mattress. In no time, the leaf will dry up the bed bugs. For best, the result repeats every 3-5 days.